Friday, November 25, 2011

So Close









I can't believe we've made it this far in only two months. So satisfying.

Well, there's snow in Southern Vermont. I'm wondering if we've seen the last of the ground. Beautiful stars at the cabin tonight.

We were able to finish the loft today. Awesome. And it's bigger than I thought it would be too. Not too shabby, though it did do in my camera. We tried to take a staged photo of both Chris and I in the loft. We set the camera on a 10 second delay and jumped onto the loft. But the camera fell off the wall joist from 8ft. up, falling to its death. Fail. Now we need a camera (Black Friday shopping anyone)?

We took out the barn doors, installed a new wall, and an awesome 1x6 window we bought a year ago from a discount store for a cool $58. Who doesn't appreciate a good deal, especially when it looks so good. And it does look so good.

We put up stairs leading into the cabin and moved onto the Tyvek. Everything went smoothly until we ran out of staples for the staple gun. I took a dash to the local hardware store, 20 mins. away one way, for staples. I was home in a cool 45 and was able to help put the finishing touches on the vapor barrier paper.

We also spray foamed a whole bunch of the gaps throughout the cabin. Both of us got it all over the place, in addition to the intended spots in the cabin. Chris got it all over his face and I got it all over my jacket...and in my hair. Awesome. Rookies.

Next up is insulation and the wood stove. It's happening. And it's happening faster than I thought it ever would.

No comments:

Post a Comment